Maple Balsamic & Herb Chicken with Vegetables
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Ground black pepper & ground sea salt, to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Stalk of asparagus
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- When oven is finished heating, using a baking pan, spread the stalk of asparagus across the pan. Using ONE TABLESPOON (the last tablespoon) of olive oil, pour onto the asparagus and toss around so olive oil evenly spreads. Use pepper and salt to taste and bake for about 15-20 minutes. This can be done while you are preparing the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, mustard, garlic, thyme, cayenne, salt/pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Pour the mixture into a large plastic baggy (freezer size zip-lock bags, or any brand of your choice) and add the chicken breasts (pound chicken breasts so each will have the same amount of thickness, so they can evenly cook). Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes OR overnight.
- Heat TWO TABLESPOONS of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-heat until the oil simmers (about 3-4 minutes). Using tongs or a fork remove the chicken from the bag (leaving the marinade inside for now) and arrange so they all fit into the pan. Allow the chicken to cook 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness, without moving, so a golden crust forms. Flip chicken over and cook the other side for the same amount of time. The chicken will be done when the juices run clear and the temperature inside has reached 160-165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board while pouring the rest of the marinade into the skillet, allowing marinade to bubble up and cook while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet, coating the chicken well.
- Once asparagus is done, serve and enjoy!